Friday, March 21, 2008

Today nothing of interest happened. Except, I am still far from being at ease in public. I am really at a loss when it comes to casual conversation. I often get this uncanny sense that others expect more from me than I am willing to give. Back when I was in my 20's and 30's, it seemed a smile and a shrug was enough. Today, that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems that folks sense weakness in me for some reason, and demand their pound of flesh for the simple reason that they can. The temptation for me to become resentful, even boastful, is very great, and this is a trap I often fall into. Another temptation is to belittle people, to pigeonhole and thus dismiss them. This is another thing I am working to overcome.

I am being thrown out of my room for a week while they remodel. I am excited by the new electronics workbench I ordered. And a new sofa will be coming too. I am looking forward to my new digs. Best to you all from L.A.

No comments: